a drop-in Datomic Console replacement
scriptable from the web browser
for building sophisticated database applications
Hello World blog is the simplest interesting hyperfiddle
We want to make it possible for 1-2 person teams to ship sophisticated applications at scale, without very much coding, but also with zero compromises to power or programmability. It's like a game engine, but for CRUD apps. When you are ready to scale your engineering team, you have total control of your environment including source code.
Client/server is dead. There is only database, and browser. Pluggable security is handled inside the database, which frees the browser for unrestricted query access. Latency and the N+1 query problem is solved too. If you can't put the database peer inside the browser, you can put the browser inside the database. Clojure runs in many places. If you run the UI inside the database peer, the programming model is pure functions against local data. The next rung up the ladder of abstraction is truly composable apps (data sync, network I/O and all).
You can read more about our technology in the github readme.
What does that make possible that wasn't possible before? An amazing interactive programming tool is one thing it makes possible. Hyperfiddle is built in Hyperfiddle and is our reference app. If it's good enough for something this abstract, it is probably good enough for you.
Hyperfiddle in Hyperfiddle, note the diagonal symmetry. To replicate this, go to the Hello World blog, expand the devtool, and alt-click on a highlighted Hyperfiddle embed.
Hypercrud Browser is the open-source code of Hyperfiddle. You can integrate Hypercrud Browser as a library into your existing codebase, or you can run it as a process which hooks directly into your existing Datomic infrastructure.
hyperfiddle.net is a cloud host for your hyperfiddles. It is optional, but is a fast and easy way to get started.
Soon, you can eject your hyperfiddles out of the hyperfiddle.net cloud and into your own infrastructure.
Everything you need is on github, you have full source code to host it however you like.
- Hypercrud Server is a thin Clojure server (Datomic peer) - coming in August 2017
- Hypercrud Browser is a ClojureScript library for making applications in nodejs and web browser
- Doesn't break the web - middle click works, refresh works, back button works
- UI as an Expression - no effects, no ajax, no REST, no data fetching, no async
- hydrate a route's precise, total data dependencies in one request
- A static site generator, for dynamic database apps
- Meaningful time travel - a git-like staging area for arbitrary undo-redo in the database
- speculative branching - discard local changes
- Managed parent/child refs
- Realtime error reporting
Branching, undo, redo in the database
Realtime error reporting